[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/empjoyment/17-_Trust_your_intuition_in_times_of_change_and_uncertainty_Gabs_Ricci_Marketplace_Analyst_-_VenueBook.mp3″ social_linkedin=”true” ]
Going against the status quo alone and following jumping into a completely different phase of your career can be daunting. There are several forces, both internal and external, that introduce doubt and anchor you into continuing down the path most others take.
How do you build the courage, fortitude, and determination to break through the inertia keeping you where you are, so you can live the life and work the job that you’ve been wanted?
Gabrielle Gabs Ricci shares their approach to answering this through a journey from working temp jobs to landing their first role in tech as an unpaid intern and transforming that into a full-time role. Gabs’ has been able to take their creative background and interests, and turn it into a passion for marketing as a Marketplace Analyst in tech.
Listen now to learn how Gabs:
- Finds support for their career aspirations without being surrounded by others to get them
- Uses their gut and intuition to guide them through times of change and uncertainty
- Creates their own job opportunities through action, persistence and grit by doing the work first and looking for ways to simply continue doing it (for money and benefits 😀 )
TL;DL (Too long; Didn’t Listen): 3 Actionable Takeaways
- Take risks to explore what might be next for you and expand what you believe you are capable of
- Find at least 1 person who believes in you and your path to support you in your transistion, even if that person hasn’t done it yet themselves
- Define your success based on what you believe rather than what others feel you should believe
But wait there’s more! Share your #1 takeaway with today’s featured Empjoyee and other Empjoyees in the Empjoyment community!
From Insight to Action
“Do the thing and you will have the power” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Gabs is a strong proponent of following your gut and letting your intuition guide your way. That’s often easier said than done, so let’s explore that together.
Your Joyney: Let’s share some examples of where you decided to trust your gut in a work setting and the benefits that came along with that decision within the Empjoyment Community (use hashtag #joyney17).
Additional Resources to Accelerate your Growth
- Find out more about Gab’s company: VenueBook
- Check out the Empjoyment Glossary for our interpretation of the tech-specific words used today
- Continue the discussion with other tech career changers who have been in your shoes in the Empjoyment Community
Getting to Know Today’s Featured Empjoyee: Gabs Ricci!
Gabrielle Gabs Ricci graduated from the University of Florida in 2015 with a Bachelors in Psychology.
Gabs is relatively new to the New York scene, and started their career here (or at least tried to) in 2016.
Currently they work at a startup as a Marketplace Analyst with hopes to gather enough knowledge and experience to start their own company.
Spread the Joy to Help Others Experience Empjoyment
Kudos to you for taking another step towards experiencing enjoyment through employment through today’s episode.
If you find this podcast helpful, we would greatly appreciate if you took a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast in iTunes. They’re extremely helpful when it comes to helping new Empjoyees know that this is a podcast that really has their interest at heart. Plus, we read each and every one personally!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode, share the episode with one person you know who would benefit from today’s episode, and let us know if you’d like to share your story as a featured Empjoyee to help others learn from your experience too.