[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/empjoyment/21-_Implement_Organized_Plans_to_Get_your_Next_Role_in_Tech_Eugene_Nam_-_Product_Manager_Venuebook.mp3″ social_gplus=”false” social_linkedin=”true” ]
Do you have to get lucky to get a role role in tech? What if you could create a plan to get from your current job to your next career opportunity in tech and implement it at a pace that you’ve set for yourself, over a time-frame that feels comfortable for you? How would it feel to give your current employer a month’s notice before moving to your next role.
Eugene Nam, today’s featured Empjoyee, shows us a way to navigate our career transition and job changes with a sense of security and organization. In doing so, Eugene highlights ways to minimize a feeling of risk involved with changing paths from a professional, personal, and financial perspective.
Listen to this episode now to learn how to:
- Take incremental steps towards your career change goals through planning, organization, and constant execution
- Balance your current full-time role while still spending extra time learning and taking action for your next role
- Access your skill sets to help you get your next role through a step-by-step process that’s both easy and quick to do
TL;DL (Too long; Didn’t Listen): 3 Actionable Takeaways
- Surround yourself with a key group of people who can not only support you but also provide honest truths to you along your transition
- You don’t need to rush in or take large financial risks to pursue your dream of working in tech
- It’s OK to plan and move towards your goal with calculated risks and incremental actions taken consistently over a period of time
But wait there’s more! Share your #1 takeaway with today’s featured Empjoyee and other Empjoyees in the Empjoyment community!
From Insight to Action
“Rise Above it. ” – Eugene’s Matra
Eugene’s recommended that we take the time to truly access our skillsets as the next step that Empjoyees should to move one step closer to their goals this week. At the end of the conversation, Eugene laid out a step-by-step process to accomplish that assessment which we encourage you to listen and implement. From a high-level, that approach included identifying your current skills and desired skills for your role, analyzing gaps and priorities, and then developing a growth plan to address gaps as needed.
Your Joyney: Share with us one skill that you are looking to build based on your skill set analysis and the plan that you will use to bridge that gap within the Empjoyment Community ( use #joyney21 so we know what we’re all truly striving for in this next stage of Empjoyment)!
Additional Resources to Accelerate your Growth
- Get to know Eugene’s company: VenueBook
- Connect with Eugene on LinkedIn
- Continue the discussion with other tech career changers who have been in your shoes in the Empjoyment Community
Getting to Know Today’s Featured Empjoyee: Eugene Nam!
Eugene Nam graduated from The University of Notre Dame in 2007 with a business degree in Finance. Eugene started his career in corporate banking at various financial institutions.
After 8 years, he made the decision to leave a lucrative and comfortable career in finance to pursue a more creative career in Product Management. Currently, he is a Product Manager at a NY based startup.
In his spare time, Eugene is passionate about food, coffee, and whisky; micro-blogging about it on Instagram whenever he encounters an interesting restaurant, cafe, or bottle
Spread the Joy to Help Others Experience Empjoyment
Kudos to you for taking another step towards experiencing enjoyment through employment through today’s episode.
If you find this podcast helpful, we would greatly appreciate if you took a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast in iTunes. They’re extremely helpful when it comes to helping new Empjoyees know that this is a podcast that really has their interest at heart. Plus, we read each and every one personally!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode, share the episode with one person you know who would benefit from today’s episode, and let us know if you’d like to share your story as a featured Empjoyee to help others learn from your experience too.