[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/empjoyment/26-_Practice_Mindfulness_to_Adapt_Quickly_in_Rapidly_Changing_Tech_Environments_Nitya_Shekar_-_Learning_and_Development_Manager_AppNexus.mp3″ social_linkedin=”true” ]
One of the most dynamic aspects of the tech industry is the regular shift in organizational structure, priorities, and/or teams that occur as the business positions itself to best accomplish it’s objectives and meet market demands.
Navigating all of that change from both a personal and professional standpoint can be difficult to say the least. Today’s featured Empjoyee, Nitya Shekar, sheds some light on how she’s been able to incorporate a daily practice of mindfulness to stay centered and adapt amidst a world of ambiguity and change.
Listen to this episode now to learn how to:
- Incorporate mindfullness into your daily activities (without having to add a brand new meditation practice)
- Design impactful experiences based on best practices Nitya has discovered first-hand
- Adapt to constantly changing work environments so you can navigate shifts in priorities, team structures, and budget and focus on the work that you need to get done do in the midst of it all
TL;DL (Too long; Didn’t Listen): 3 Actionable Takeaways
- Explore one-on-one coaching opportunities for your career to get insight into your current actions and establish actionable plans to realize the possibilities that are available to you
- Train the focus muscle of your brain by starting a practice of mindfullness rather than “mindlessness” by simply choosing to take note of things taking place during your everyday activities.
- Establish the lifestyle, work environment, and type of people you want to work with by design from the onset when looking to move to the next stage of your career journey
But wait there’s more! Share your #1 takeaway with today’s featured Empjoyee and other Empjoyees in the Empjoyment community!
From Insight to Action
“If you want it, it is wanted” – Nitya’s Coaches Training Institute
Nitya’s recommendation to help Empjoyees take action in the next 7 days was to .
- Identify 1 project that you know would move you forward in your journey that you’ve been putting off starting for one reason or another
- Break it down into the various parts/steps that would be needed to accomplish it.
- Commit to taking the 1st step today to just get started
Your Joyney: Come share with us the project you identified, this first step to making progress, and when you commit to taking that 1st step over in Empjoyment Community. (use the hashtag #joyney26 so we can continue to share no matter when you see this!)
Additional Resources to Accelerate your Growth
- Get to know Nitya’s company: AppNexus
- Connect with Nitya on LinkedIn
- Continue the discussion with other tech career changers who have been in your shoes in the Empjoyment Community
Getting to Know Today’s Featured Empjoyee: Nitya Shekar!
Nitya Shekar works in Learning & Development at AppNexus, designing and facilitating programs focused on “smart skills,” including emotional intelligence, team effectiveness, good management, and personal and professional growth.
Originally from Houston and now a full New Yorker, she is also a certified leadership coach and consultant. Her background is in Psychology (Rice ’07) and Law (Harvard ’10).
Nitya is passionate about the mind sciences and hopes to branch into neuroleadership, mindfulness for business, and other brain-based human capital work. She LOVES working in tech! Her other interests include performing improv at Magnet Theater, singing her heart out, and traveling the world.
Spread the Joy to Help Others Experience Empjoyment
Kudos to you for taking another step towards experiencing enjoyment through employment through today’s episode.
If you find this podcast helpful, we would greatly appreciate if you took a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast in iTunes. They’re extremely helpful when it comes to helping new Empjoyees know that this is a podcast that really has their interest at heart. Plus, we read each and every one personally!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode, share the episode with one person you know who would benefit from today’s episode, and let us know if you’d like to share your story as a featured Empjoyee to help others learn from your experience too.