[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/empjoyment/25-_Moving_Past_Nos_to_Reach_your_Objective_Claudio_Vallejo__Product_Designer_Managed_by_Q.mp3″ social_linkedin=”true” ]
Let’s be real, rejection isn’t pleasant. Often times, just the prospect of facing rejection is enough for us not to take action at all! But as high-performer coach Rich Litvin says “No isn’t the destination, but it is the path”.
Lucky for us, our featured Empjoyee Claudio Vallejo followed the path of No’s to land him in a type of role where he’s able to solve the types of problems that excite him through product design. Find out more about his journey, his outlook on design, and his suggestions on moving past rejection to get what you really want in life and work.
Listen now to learn how to:
- Leverage a series of roadblocks to grow as a designer and build the skills that can lead you to your next role
- Approach your next product design project from inception to completion through a step-by-step process
- Describe the difference between product design and user experience design
TL;DL (Too long; Didn’t Listen): 3 Actionable Takeaways
- Take the time to find projects and activities that you like and use that to fuel you going forward
- Find mentors and good friends who won’t tell you what you want to hear but rather what you need to hear, so you can address the root causes of your challenges
- Improve your collaboration skillset and mentality to increase your value as a product designer
But wait there’s more! Share your #1 takeaway with today’s featured Empjoyee and other Empjoyees in the Empjoyment community!
From Insight to Action
“Own your mistakes” – Claudio Vallejo
Claudio had very simple and straight-forward advice for action for you to take this week. Let’s take the time to do it, and then come share what we learned.
#Joyney25: Have a conversation with someone who is a designer, whether it’s someone you know, another Empjoyee, or someone you will talk to for the first time share with us one insight from that conversation within the Empjoyment Community.
Additional Resources to Accelerate your Growth
- Connect with Claudio via: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Check out Claudio’s Personal Site for more information on what he’s currently involved in.
- Learn more about how Claudio found empjoyment through his “How I Got Into Design” Medium Article
- Find out more about Claudio’s Company: Managed by Q
- Continue the discussion with other tech career changers who have been in your shoes in the Empjoyment Community
Getting to Know Today’s Featured Empjoyee: Claudio Vallejo!
Claudio Vallejo is a product designer at Managed by Q working on making it easy to run and manage an office.
Claudio was born and raised in Northeastern Mexico and studied business at Baylor University where he discovered his passion for design.
Prior to joining Q in New York City he was freelancing as a web designer and developer in Mexico and worked for Parámetro as a web designer.
Spread the Joy to Help Others Experience Empjoyment
Kudos to you for taking another step towards experiencing enjoyment through employment through today’s episode.
If you find this podcast helpful, we would greatly appreciate if you took a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast in iTunes. They’re extremely helpful when it comes to helping new Empjoyees know that this is a podcast that really has their interest at heart. Plus, we read each and every one personally!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode, share the episode with one person you know who would benefit from today’s episode, and let us know if you’d like to share your story as a featured Empjoyee to help others learn from your experience too.