[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/empjoyment/23-_Stand_Taller_with_Technology_and_Purpose_to_Create_Value_you_Believe_in_Matt_Plaks_-_Product_Outreach_Temboo.mp3″ social_gplus=”false” social_linkedin=”true” ]
Join us as Matt Plaks shares how you and others like you can start getting involved now with opportunities in the growing space of the “internet of things”. From a personal and professional development standpoint, you’ll also gain strong insight into carrying out each day with purpose even when the opportunities may not seem to exist in your current role.
Listen to this episode now to learn how to:
- Be purposeful in all aspects of your job to bring more empjoyment sooner in your career
- Avoid making hiring decisions you’ll later regret
- Understand and leverage opportunities related to the “internet of things” so fuel your creative endeavors
TL;DL (Too long; Didn’t Listen): 3 Actionable Takeaways
- Speak up about and/or create opportunities that you are passionate about that also contribute the the company’s mission
- Hiring only for skill set without regard for the impact of the personality on the team and company culture can be even more painful and time-consuming than hiring someone with the right personality and potential
- Create your own value for yourself and your organization without feeling tied to having to wait to be asked from your boss or manager
But wait there’s more! Share your #1 takeaway with today’s featured Empjoyee and other Empjoyees in the Empjoyment community!
From Insight to Action
Matt’s Mantra: “Ever Forward!”
Matt encouraged Empjoyees to find a company and role that aligns with their current purpose in life and work. His suggestion to make that happen was simple: research a different companies, find a few that you like and connect with a few people in that organization (maybe even over coffee).
#Joyney23: Share with us what your purpose current is as well as one company that aligns with it within the Empjoyment Community!
Additional Resources to Accelerate your Growth
- Check out opportunities at Matt’s company: Temboo
- Connect with Matt on LinkedIn
- Are you ready to experience Empjoyment as well? Schedule your complimentary 1-on-1 possibility exploration experience today
- Continue the discussion with other tech career changers who have been in your shoes in the Empjoyment Community
Getting to Know Today’s Featured Empjoyee: Matt Plaks!
Matt Plaks graduated from Harvard University in 2014 with a bachelor’s degree in Visual and Environmental Studies.
Matt started his career as a bread baker working at a wholesale bakery in Philadelphia before making a switch to Temboo to work on business development in the Internet of Things space.
He currently leads Temboo’s efforts to upskill the global workforce.
Spread the Joy to Help Others Experience Empjoyment
Kudos to you for taking another step towards experiencing enjoyment through employment through today’s episode.
If you find this podcast helpful, we would greatly appreciate if you took a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast in iTunes. They’re extremely helpful when it comes to helping new Empjoyees know that this is a podcast that really has their interest at heart. Plus, we read each and every one personally!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode, share the episode with one person you know who would benefit from today’s episode, and let us know if you’d like to share your story as a featured Empjoyee to help others learn from your experience too.